Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Staycation

First, you should know that Rich's interest in blogging has once again flagged to the point of complete inactivity. He promised to blog here last week; he broke his promise.

Second, out of sheer stubbornness, I haven't been willing to do it on my own (or take the pictures) as it's called House of Bich, not House of Brooke.

Third, we go on vacation next week. While I am sorely, sorely tempted to bag the house projects and just go to Napa anyway, I won't. We won't.

And while I meant to take more pictures, the battery was -- once again -- dead. It's a shame, because the curtains look awesome in the living room and dining room. They have instantly cozied up our space. Woody went three days before he tried to climb them. Maybe pictures this week? ... Maybe not.

Last night we went over to Mike and Chris's new digs, a mere 6 miles away, to see what's new. Cleaning appeared to be it, but as I told Chris: I didn't clean my own kitchen before I moved in because I left it to the cleaning crew, so you're on your own. (Man, in hindsight, saying this to a pregnant lady just seems wrong.)

So what's on tap for the week?

1. Paint the risers white.

2. Finish painting the hallway leading upstairs (the ceiling never got finished and we have to fix the walls, which the movers had to scratch to get the bed upstairs).

3. Paint the second bedroom ... entirely. Ceiling to floor. That room will be almost entirely gray (Flint Smoke), except for the white trim.

4. Paint the enclosed porch. A bright green, perhaps?

5. Hang the pot racks for the kitchen; unpack pots; revel in the gleam of copper.

6. Install the vapor barriers, which (as I just found out) Rich will help Billy do over the weekend. Yay, Billy!

7. Continue cleaning up the yard and killing weeds. One, and possibly two, large bush is diseased and has to be dug out.

8. Possibly hang the wedding pictures up. I left all the proper screws in the apartment walls, but hopefully in all of my trips to Home Depot, I've managed to get the right anchors and screws.

9. And, if it doesn't kill Rich, paint our bedroom. (That color is Shale Gray, same as in the Edgewater apartment. It's actually a very calming blue.)

And on Wednesday, we're taking a break to go to the Blind Tiger for their weekly beer event. Across the street? Murray's. We've also got a tip on an all-the-curried-mussels-you-can-eat lunch. Good thing the train station is so close to our place.

No comments:

Post a Comment