Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ready?

I took some photos today -- finally! (You're welcome, Mom, Aunt Connie and Lauren, our faithful readers.)

Rich and Billy are off to the Depot to get plastic for the vapor barriers and better parts for the recessed lighting, and I finished hanging more curtains a little while ago. We've started moving stuff out of the second bedroom to prepare it for painting (I'm really excited for this room).

Don't judge -- I haven't steamed the curtains yet. I'm just happy they aren't in boxes anymore.


The dining room. We'll get another leaning bookcase
for the other side of the window.


The ottoman's temporary spot.


Why curtains are a risk in this house.


A view into the living room from the dining room. (The frame on the ottoman is the frame and mat meant to be signed at our wedding. Oh, it was signed, but someone forgot to take off the glass, so everyone had to sign the glass. All it took was a shot of Windex for all of it to come off. I have new plans for that.)


The living room. The rug is meant for the office, but I'm still looking for a reasonably priced round black rug.


One of our favorite pieces -- the Frog's Leap poster I won at the winery. (Question: About how many bottles are in a barrel of wine? Answer: 300. Yes, I pay attention to some numbers.)


Looking into the dining room from the landing.


Looking down from the stairs.


A view into the kitchen from the hallway (Rich is "meh" on the curtains).


Not much has changed here, but say hi to Woody!


The office.


Stuff on the walls!


Stuff everywhere!


Stuff ... stuff ... stuff ...




A few little pieces in the bathroom I like.


Another piece I like.


Rich cleaned the glass -- it made him feel better.


The current state of the porch. All of this stuff will go into the bookshelves ... in the bedrooms, once they're painted.


And the current state of our bedroom. Sigh.


At least it's neat.




The second bedroom. Broken Rising Star awards included.


Rich's dresser, which he's had since childhood. I get to use it now. Yay?


I think everyone has that cat poster.


We never finished the ceiling in the stairwell. And I never got past priming the wall after the movers took a nice, long chunk out of it.

We've got our hands full this week, but it's still better than going to work.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, Brooke ..... It is BEAUTIFUL !!! I love it. Can't wait to see your home (and you & Rich) in October. You've done an AMAZING job. Looks like a totally different house than when you moved in. I'm so very happy for you. Love always, Mom

    ReplyDelete