Friday, July 16, 2010

Stuff and thoughts

Totally lied. No new pictures.

I picked up the camera this morning to take some photos of the house with the aid of natural light, but the battery was dead. Again. This is the usual circumstance.

And because Rich has embargoed my shopping, I can't even do that today. (Men just have no idea how cute a house can look full of all the STUFF you can find on the interwebs.)

So I moved my focus to animals.

A third animal will likely join the household within the next year or so, but the big question: a dog or another cat? The only clear answer is that we would very much like to rescue an older animal that would not normally have a good chance at being adopted. Today, I perused Petfinder to see who's out there.

Bad idea. So bad. I've now barely been able to make it through the day without crying for the millions of poor animals that will never know the love and adoration that Woody and Bernie receive on a daily basis. (Really -- they barely have to try. Poor Rich is convinced he's a distant third in the Who Is Brooke's Favorite? contest.)

Of course, getting the house in order is more important right now. However, 1) the office is now a functioning room, which is used mostly for my morning routine, 2) we have an actual wastebasket in the kitchen (already broken), 3) the laundry is done and 4) we even have plants, thanks to Leeza, Gary and Olivia. If I had a working phone, I could post the blurry picture I took of Woody this morning, who had climbed to the top of the refrigerator and was breakfasting on my fern, purring while he ate.

Speaking of The Fabulous Ones, Leeza and Lib will come over tomorrow to help me finish some trim, get to work on some homemade pillows (eeeeee!) and PUT STUFF ON THE WALLS. Yep. I'm kicking Rich out of the house at noon so the ladies can, without needless and opinionated interruption, make House of Bich a home.

Maybe I can convince him to go get my old mattress next weekend so that there is an actual bed in the guest room. Or maybe I should just not press my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment