Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pillow talk

Brooke: We need to paint the upstairs.

Rich: No, we don't. We need to get everything hung on the walls.

B: We're not done painting yet.

R: Yeah, but we live downstairs, and we need to get that stuff on the walls.

B: We still have trim to fix.

R: So fix that and get stuff on the walls. You said you'd do it.

B: Yeah, but I want to get the bedroom painted so we can put our stuff in here. Everything's in boxes on the porch and it's driving me crazy. I want this room to not be this ugly color anymore.

R: I promise we won't always have a bedroom covered in spackle and this ugly beige-yellow color. But we don't live in this room. We only sleep here.

B: We spend a third of our lives in this room and I want it to look nice.

R: We will. It's just not my priority. I don't want to do it right now. We don't even make the bed anymore.

B: We don't make the bed because this room otherwise looks like crap.

R: It looks this way because we spend no time in here.

B: Our bedroom is going to look like this 10 years from now, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. This blog made me laugh out loud. It's like having you guys close by again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shraddha, I got a piece of mail the other day and the postmark was California -- Rich says, "Who do you know in California?" and I immediately thought of you. Too bad it was junk. Just made me miss you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha ... I laughed aloud, too. Still laughing.

    ReplyDelete