Friday, June 11, 2010

Going viral

Painting was supposed to begin today. (Progress admittedly feels as if it is at a glacial pace right now, hence the tiny amount of blogging.)

However, I took myself to the hospital for what turned out to be a viral infection in my inner ear, which has been leaning to vertigo and is the likely cause of all the car sickness I've been feeling. Looking upward with an extended paint roller in hand to turn my ceilings into Ultra Pure White did not seem like a good idea, so we took a break. And now, poor Rich is laid up on the couch with a stomach bug. Maybe we just shouldn't paint. There are signs, people!

Fortunately, last night we managed to cover the entire dining room and the office floors to protect them from all of the painting that will hopefully ensue tomorrow. This came after we extricated deep-set nails from the walls, spackled -- we spackle! -- and dusted much of the trim. A few hours of hard work, and we were quite ready to get back to the apartment.

On Wednesday, I met my new best friends at Home Depot with my new store credit card in hand and bought all the paint. As I waited, I ogled all of the flooring tiles, outdoor power equipment, new locks and door handles, kitchen laminate, wallpaper steamers (that one's a rental), new bathroom medicine cabinet, and everything else on my wish list. (I walked out of the garden center before my head exploded.) We got a good amount of rain the other day, so I'm guessing the lawn will need our attention right soon.

New pictures to come tomorrow, once painting has commenced and I have fed the crew coming to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment