Monday, June 7, 2010

A difference of opinion

One thing we just cannot come to agreement on is the lawn.

I keep pushing for a new lawn mower. Rich keeps saying, "I'll borrow so-and-so's," or "So-and-so's kid is coming over to do it this weekend," or "The neighbor down the street runs a landscaping service and will do it for cheap."

I'm admittedly running out of patience. This is clearly where I need to just put my foot down and go out and buy it.

My take is that when we buy our lawn mower, trimmer, etc., it's an investment -- we'll be able to do these things on our own, when we need to, as we please -- without wasting it on landscaping services.

Clearly the yard will be my domain, and that's fine. If Rich wants to say he bought me a house, then I can order him around and make him transport wheelbarrowfuls of dirt, mulch, whatever around my little patch of land.

No comments:

Post a Comment