Friday, May 28, 2010

Notes from HoB

As the longest week of work for all of us finally comes to an end -- Brooke recognizes that for her newspaper colleagues, that is not necessarily true and she has the utmost understanding -- we apologize for skipping nearly three days of blogging.

There was Bon Jovi's christening of the New Meadowlands Stadium on Wednesday night, and paycheck-earning the rest of the time, so we're letting the grass grow high at the House of Bich (though I hear a rumor that a friend's son will be cutting the field our yard has become this weekend).

Holy cow, we have a yard.

After a rather contentious Sunday arguing over the hardwood floors, Rich and I reached a compromise: If I trust him and let him take care of it, I'll get new floors five or so years from now, and I get to choose the paint colors and the decor. Enter Macy's and an excellent sale on curtains ...

The hot tub is gone, and the pool will go as soon as I have a taker. (Free to any, BTW.) I discovered the garden department at Hackensack's Home Depot and will be thrilled to acquaint myself with it better soon.

On Tuesday night, Rich took the train down to meet with the flooring guy we're going with and forgot to find a way home, so I drove down and met him at JJ Bitting Brewing Co., which will become our local pub (hi, Tim!) and offered buy-one-get-one-free pints of very good local brew before we headed back to Edgewater. Oh, and Tubby Burros. YUM.

Tomorrow, it's the wedding of two simpaticos at a winery in New York, and we're excited. We love weddings and the chance to (badly) dance all night and catch up with old friends. Especially when Sunday involves something as icky as painting ceilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment