Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Love

I realize I shouldn't be falling in love with pieces of furniture just yet, but this ... this, I love.

My mom has one that she inherited from her grandmother; it's in beautiful shape. While it's never been my style, it's an intriguing little piece that fits perfectly in foyers or entrances (depending on which house they're living in at the moment). When my coworker Amanda showed this to me -- after finding out it's called a telephone table, which seems obvious now -- from Kanibal Home, a shop in Jersey City, it was instant WANT.

And at around $135, pretty darn reasonable.

It would go so perfectly on my enclosed porch.

Speaking of the porch, that'll be my vacation project come August. I'll strip the windowsills and scrape down what is probably 12 layers of paint, then repaint the walls and trim. Right now, my favorite color for that room is called Apple Crisp, by Behr, but I've got some time to mull it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment