Friday, February 11, 2011

Spring, and budgets

While the coldest (and snowiest) winter I can remember probably has another month to live, now's the time to start making phone calls.

Major house projects, in order of priority (for me, anyway; Rich disagrees):

1. Sidewalks, concrete work, masonry, tree removal. I'll be sad to see those trees go, but go they must. They're old and I fear another icy winter will do us all in. Besides, the township is repaving in the neighborhood this summer ... can't hurt the curb appeal. Not that we're moving anytime soon, promise.

2. Windows. It's possible this is a tie with No. 1. I'm ready for those energy bills to take a dip.

3. Gutters. This one's relatively easy and clearly cheaper than the others, and I foresee this one being done rather quickly.

4. The porch. Ah, the porch: That one's tied with the windows. After that, we can tile, paint, etc. Kittehs should be excited.

Yeah, yeah, we know -- "welcome to homeownership!"

We're under no delusion that buying an 85-year-old house would be easy ... then again, that's probably why we did it.

I need a vacation just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment