Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Honey-do list*

*I've got a few things I'd really, really like to get done before the cold sets in/Mom and Aunt Connie arrive.

1. Get a water heater before I have a panic attack.

2. Fix the boiler before I have another panic attack.

3. Finish the second bedroom. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll get the second coat of poly on the floor, then let it dry for a few days before painting the trim and moving stuff back in there. You know, make it an actual bedroom.

4. Rent a truck and get my mattress out of the Quinns' garage.

5. Use said truck to get the mess out of the backyard and take all that sand to the dump.

6. Finish hanging up the few pieces -- mail/key organizer, signs and mirrors, etc. -- that really need a home already on the walls.

7. If I'm feeling really frisky, finish painting the upstairs hallway and get started on painting the risers.

8. Call a landscaper. This one's currently up for "discussion." But that big circle of dirt in the backyard isn't going to seed itself.

9. Call a housecleaner. Not up for discussion.

10. Maybe, perhaps, get the baseboard heat installed in our bedroom. Otherwise, Rich will keep sleeping with a knit cap on his head and I'll have to continue surrounding myself with small furry animals.

1 comment:

  1. I hereby offer to help with housecleaning - and anything else! Please don't try to get all this stuff done for me -- Aunt Connie & I can sleep anywhere (couch, floor ... doesn't matter). We're excited to see your beautiful home, but we're coming to see you & Rich...and looking forward to pulled pork in front of the TV on PSU game day. (You seem not to remember how many YEARS it took us to get our homes the way we wanted -- and then we would move.) It does take YEARS (sometimes never) to get all the things done (which you're trying to get done in months. That being said, your home place looks amazing and, as always, I'm very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete