Thursday, April 7, 2011

Conversations

Brooke (kissing Rich on the forehead as he sleeps on a friend's couch): I'm off to work. It's 10 minutes to 9.

Rich (smiling): I want to live in Hoboken.

Brooke (also smiling): A bit late for that, but yeah, me, too.

Rich: Let's move to Hoboken.

Brooke: Go to work.

Rich: Look how short your commute will be today.

Brooke: Look how broke we'd be if we lived here. (Thinks of previous night of drinking and debauchery with Jen at Bin 14.)

Rich: . . .

*****

Coming up on HoB:

  • A video tour update of the house as we approach the one-year mark of our purchase. It's part of an assignment Brooke has for her HTML class (embedding video into her website, set to launch in a little more than a month).
  • Small updates on yardwork. Once the weather finally breaks, we'll get to work raking and fertilizing, cutting down a few dead bushes and small trees, and planning which greenery will join the backyard. It already looks completely different from when we bought the house.
  • Pictures of the basement as Brooke tackles the cleanup. Currently, it's a box jungle, which the cats love. Hopefully, by the fall, the basement will be nearly empty, cleaned, painted white and will finally be home to a new utility sink.

1 comment:

  1. haha ... that was a cute post. Loved it, actually. Ah, sounds like Dad and me. I kiss him goodbye and say, "I'd like to live in Pittsburgh." Then I see him a week later and we go through it again. I love dreaming ... it's nice to dream like that. I do believe that dreams come true. All that being said, your home is wonderful. We love your home, and feel very at home in it. Ah, and that Italian restaurant down the street from you ... I still think of it. Can't wait to see your video. Have missed all the house updates. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete