Wednesday, September 1, 2010

HoFB

That's House of Football -- otherwise known as the House That Joe Built. Well, during football season, anyway.

It's the most wonderful time of the year again, kids, and I'm currently resisting the urge to paint our bedroom in Blue and White stripes. (Yes, the caps are correct.)

Football football football football football.

I love football. I love watching the team run out of the tunnel at Beaver Stadium after JoePa. I love watching them after the drum major has landed his Roman flip. I love the Blue Band. I love watching teams get destroyed by my Nittany Lions. (Not that it happened the last time we were in attendance, against Ohio State.) I love that I am now one of those alumni who begin tailgating at 7:30 a.m. I love State College, Zeno's and that we got married on campus.

I hate Pitt, Michigan and Iowa, in that order. I hate it when people talk crap about JoePa. I hate losing.

On Saturday, we play Youngstown State in the home/season opener, and the wonderful Amy Farkas
is putting us up (she was also our hookup for this year's season tickets, which we just could not resist despite the fact that we bought a house three months ago). We've got some really awesome friends in Happy Valley -- K-Fo, Ali and Amy among them.

It's too hard to focus. I am so excited!!!

To top it off, Bryan and Lisa are visiting this weekend. Woot! What a great end to summer.

Happy football season, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. OK ... Love the pic of you with the PSU garter ... going to have it blown up and framed. What an arm, by the way...in a good way. But would love more pics of the home and kids. I realize we lost to the No. 1 team in the country (the first day to really be able to write that), but we also are playing YSU and KSU, which is not really fair when you consider the size of the schools. Come on.... just me saying (not that I'm that knowledgeable on the subject)....but is that right? Anyway, would love more "house" updates. Can't wait to see you in October !!!! All my love always

    ReplyDelete